Health Safety and Environment Policy
The Company prominently places Health, Safety and Environment matters as important Boardroom Agenda. To translate this commitment into actions, the Company shall adopt a health, safety and environment policy that shall ensure: -.
1. Compliance with all relevant statutory instruments in all matters of Health, Safety and Environment.
2. Appropriate consideration of relevant international conventions and recommendations.
3. Formulation and compliance with rules, regulations and guidelines on matters of Health, Safety and Environment.
4. All reasonably practicable precautions are taken to safeguard the safety and health of all employees .
5. Appropriate systems for providing adequate information and instructions to all cadres of employees on risks to their health and safety are in place.
6. That all work places and equipment/plant are safe and regularly inspected.
7. All employees assume defined responsibilities in matters of health, safety and environment in conformity with this policy.
8. Appropriate training for all employees to enhance their performance is provided.
9. That all Contractors comply with Health, Safety and Environment rules, regulations and guidelines.
10. Adequate provision for prevention and control of fires and proper use of Fire fighting appliances.
11. Adequate provision for prevention and control of environmental pollution.
12. That Environmental Impact Assessment is carried out for all projects likely to have an impact on the environment.
13. Provision and promotion of First Aid services and activities.
14. Contravention of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System attracts severe disciplinary action including dismissal and/or prosecution.
15. Review of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System to conform to changing